Making chapati dough in a stand mixer is a quick and easy way to prepare the dough for your favorite Indian flatbread. With the help of a stand mixer, you can make the dough in a fraction of the time it would take to make it by hand. Here are the steps to follow to make chapati dough in a stand mixer.
1. Start by measuring out the dry ingredients for the chapati dough. For each chapati, you will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
2. Place the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and stir to combine.
3. Slowly add 1/2 cup of warm water to the bowl and mix with the paddle attachment until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it by hand for 2-3 minutes. This will help the dough to become smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough back into the bowl of the stand mixer and knead on low speed for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the dough from the bowl and shape it into a ball. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
7. Once the dough has rested, it is ready to be used. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll them into thin circles.
Making chapati dough in a stand mixer is a great way to save time and effort when preparing your favorite Indian flatbread. With a few simple steps, you can have perfectly kneaded chapati dough ready to be cooked with minimal effort.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: How do I make chapati dough in a stand mixer?
Answer: To make chapati dough in a stand mixer, add the flour and salt to the bowl of the stand mixer. Then, mix the dry ingredients together while adding the water slowly. Once the dough has come together, knead the dough for 10 minutes. Finally, cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes before using.
FAQ #2: How much water should I use to make chapati dough?
Answer: The amount of water that you use to make chapati dough will depend on the type of flour you are using. Generally, you should use about 1/2 cup of water for every cup of flour.
FAQ #3: How long should I knead the chapati dough for?
Answer: You should knead the chapati dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
FAQ #4: How long should I let the chapati dough rest?
Answer: Once the dough has been kneaded, it should be covered with a damp cloth and left to rest for 15 minutes before using.
FAQ #5: What type of flour should I use to make chapati dough?
Answer: To make chapati dough, you should use a high-protein flour such as whole wheat, atta, or chapati flour.