Making dinner rolls without a stand mixer may seem daunting at first, but it’s actually quite easy to do. All you need is a little bit of patience and the right ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe for making delicious dinner rolls without a stand mixer.
– 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 2 ¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast
– 1 cup of lukewarm water
– 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yeast and lukewarm water. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes, or until it begins to foam.
3. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and stir until it is fully combined.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
6. Once the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Using a sharp knife, divide the dough into 12-14 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Cover the rolls with a damp towel and allow them to rise for an additional 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
10. Brush the rolls with the melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
11. Allow the rolls to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Making dinner rolls without a stand mixer may seem intimidating, but with a little bit of patience, you’ll be able to enjoy homemade dinner rolls in no time. Give this recipe a try and you’ll be sure to impress your family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How do I make dinner rolls without a stand mixer?
Answer: You can make dinner rolls without a stand mixer by combining the ingredients together in a bowl and kneading the dough by hand. Once the dough is kneaded, shape into rolls and let them rise before baking.
FAQ 2: What ingredients are needed to make dinner rolls?
Answer: To make dinner rolls you will need basic pantry staples such as flour, sugar, salt, yeast, butter, and warm water.
FAQ 3: How long do I need to knead the dough?
Answer: You should knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
FAQ 4: How long do I need to let the rolls rise?
Answer: The rolls should be left to rise until they are doubled in size, which will take about 1-2 hours.
FAQ 5: What temperature should I bake my dinner rolls at?
Answer: Dinner rolls should be baked at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.