Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of meals. Fortunately, they are easy to make with the use of a stand mixer. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect batch of mashed potatoes in a stand mixer:
1. Start by peeling about 5 large potatoes and cutting them into small cubes.
2. Put the potatoes into a large pot and fill it with enough cold water to cover the potatoes.
3. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
4. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to the stand mixer bowl.
5. Using the paddle attachment, start to mash the potatoes.
6. Slowly add in some butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Once the potatoes are mashed to your desired consistency, turn off the mixer and serve.
Making mashed potatoes in a stand mixer is a great way to save time and energy. Plus, the stand mixer does all of the hard work for you! With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious batch of mashed potatoes in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What type of stand mixer do I need to make mashed potatoes?
A1. A stand mixer with a flat beater, dough hook, or whisk attachment will work best when making mashed potatoes. If you don’t have one of these attachments, you can use a hand mixer.