Making Pie Dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Baking a pie is a delicious way to bring family and friends together. But in order to make a delicious pie, you need to start with a great pie dough. While making dough by hand is a traditional way of baking, using a KitchenAid stand mixer can speed up the process and give you a consistent texture. Here’s how to make a delicious pie dough with a KitchenAid stand mixer.
-3 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 cup of cold butter, cut into cubes
-1/2 cup of ice-cold water
1. Begin by adding the flour and salt to the bowl of your stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to combine the ingredients.
2. Next, add the butter to the bowl and mix on a low speed until the butter is in pea-sized pieces.
3. Slowly add the cold water and mix until the dough comes together.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and shape it into a disc. Wrap the disc in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. When you’re ready to bake, roll the dough out and use it to line your pie tin.
Using a KitchenAid stand mixer to make pie dough is a great way to speed up the process and make a consistent crust. Make sure to follow the instructions above and you’ll have a delicious pie dough in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What ingredients are needed to make pie dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
Answer: To make pie dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, you will need all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, cold butter, and cold water.
FAQ 2: How long does it take to make the dough?
Answer: The time it takes to make the dough will depend on the recipe you are using and the settings of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Generally, it should take no more than 10 minutes.
FAQ 3: What is the correct speed setting for making the dough?
Answer: The correct speed setting for making pie dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer will depend on the recipe you are using. Generally, you should use the speed setting labeled “stir” or “2”.
FAQ 4: How much dough does this recipe make?
Answer: The amount of dough this recipe makes will depend on the recipe you are using. Generally, this recipe should make enough dough for one 9-inch pie crust.
FAQ 5: How should I store the dough after making it?
Answer: After making the dough, you should wrap it in plastic wrap or wax paper and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the dough for up to 3 months.