Making Pizza Dough with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
If you love homemade pizza, you know that the key to a delicious pie is in the crust. Making pizza dough from scratch can be time consuming, but with the help of a KitchenAid stand mixer, it can be a breeze. Here is a step-by-step guide to making pizza dough with your KitchenAid stand mixer.
1. Gather the ingredients. To make pizza dough, you will need: 4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 package of active dry yeast, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 ½ cups of warm water.
2. Prepare the dough. Put the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast into the bowl of your KitchenAid stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to mix the ingredients together. Once the ingredients are combined, add the olive oil and warm water. If you want to add herbs or other seasonings, you can do so now.
3. Knead the dough. Put the dough hook attachment onto the KitchenAid stand mixer. Turn the mixer on the lowest setting and allow it to knead the dough for about 5 minutes. This will help to create a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Let the dough rise. Grease a large bowl with some oil and place the dough inside. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for about an hour.
5. Shape the dough. Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl and knead it on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes. After this, shape the dough into the desired shape.
6. Bake the pizza. Place the shaped dough onto a greased baking sheet and top with your desired toppings. Bake the pizza at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Making pizza dough with a KitchenAid stand mixer is a great way to save time and still enjoy a delicious homemade pizza. With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious pizza ready in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: What ingredients are needed to make pizza dough in a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: To make pizza dough in a KitchenAid stand mixer, you will need all-purpose flour, salt, active dry yeast, olive oil, and warm water.
FAQ #2: How long does it take to make pizza dough with a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: The total time for making pizza dough with a KitchenAid stand mixer is about 25 minutes. This includes mixing the ingredients together, kneading the dough, and allowing the dough to rise.
FAQ #3: How do I knead the pizza dough using a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: To knead the pizza dough using a KitchenAid stand mixer, attach the dough hook to the mixer. Add the ingredients to the bowl, turn the mixer to a low speed, and allow it to knead the dough for 5-7 minutes.
FAQ #4: How do I know when the pizza dough is ready?
Answer: When the pizza dough is ready, it will be soft, smooth, and elastic. To test if the dough is ready, gently press your finger into the dough. If the dough springs back, it is ready.
FAQ #5: How long should I let the pizza dough rise for?
Answer: The pizza dough should be allowed to rise for about 1 hour. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and place it in a warm, draft-free area to rise.