Oiling Your KitchenAid Stand Mixer
If you own a KitchenAid stand mixer, then you know how important it is to keep it properly maintained. One of the most important maintenance tasks for your mixer is to oil it regularly. Oiling the gears of your KitchenAid stand mixer helps to keep it running smoothly and prevents wear and tear. Here is a step-by-step guide to oiling your KitchenAid stand mixer.
1. Unplug the mixer. Before you start oiling your stand mixer, make sure that it is unplugged to prevent any accidents.
2. Remove the head of the mixer. To access the gears of your mixer, you will need to remove the head of the mixer. This can be done by pressing the two release buttons on the side, then slowly lifting the head off the base.
3. Locate the oil ports. The oil ports on your KitchenAid stand mixer are located at the top of the gears.
4. Apply the oil. Use a few drops of machine oil to oil the ports. Make sure not to apply too much oil, as this can cause damage to your mixer.
5. Replace the head of the mixer. Once you have finished oiling the ports, replace the head of the mixer by pressing it back onto the base and pressing the two release buttons.
6. Wipe away any excess oil. Once you have finished oiling your KitchenAid stand mixer, use a clean cloth to wipe away any excess oil from the outside of the mixer.
With these simple steps, you can easily oil your KitchenAid stand mixer and keep it in good condition. Remember to oil your mixer regularly in order to maintain its performance and prevent any damage to its gears.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: How do I oil a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: To oil a KitchenAid stand mixer, first you need to unplug the mixer and remove the bowl and beater. Next, apply a few drops of light machine oil to the metal shaft and gears. Reassemble the mixer and plug it back in. Turn the mixer to the lowest speed for about 30 seconds to evenly distribute the oil.
FAQ #2: How often should I oil my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: It is recommended to oil your KitchenAid stand mixer every 6 months or as needed. If you notice any grinding noises or difficulty when turning the mixer, it is a good indication that the mixer needs to be oiled.
FAQ #3: What kind of oil should I use to oil my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: It is recommended to use light machine oil, such as 3-in-1 oil, to oil your KitchenAid stand mixer. Avoid using vegetable oil, olive oil, or any other cooking oil.
FAQ #4: Can I oil my KitchenAid stand mixer with WD-40?
Answer: No, it is not recommended to oil your KitchenAid stand mixer with WD-40. Use light machine oil instead.
FAQ #5: Can I oil my KitchenAid stand mixer when it is plugged in?
Answer: It is not recommended to oil your KitchenAid stand mixer while it is plugged in. Unplug the mixer and remove the bowl and beater before applying the oil.