Tips for Oiling a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
If you own a KitchenAid stand mixer, you know that it is an invaluable tool for preparing delicious meals and baked goods. In order to keep your mixer running smoothly, it is important to oil the parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as the gears, shafts, and bearings. Here are some tips for oiling a KitchenAid stand mixer.
1. Unplug the machine: Before you begin, make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall socket to ensure safety.
2. Remove the bowl and attachments: Next, remove the bowl and any attachments that may be attached to the mixer.
3. Clean the mixer: You should also take the time to clean the outside of the mixer with a damp cloth to remove any dust and debris.
4. Locate the oil ports: On the underside of the mixer, locate the oil ports. There are usually three to four ports.
5. Apply oil: Using a clean cloth, apply a few drops of oil in each port.
6. Replace the bowl and accessories: Finally, replace the bowl and any accessories that you removed.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your KitchenAid stand mixer is lubricated and running smoothly. Be sure to oil your mixer at least once every few months to keep it in top shape. With the proper maintenance, your mixer will last you for many years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How do I oil my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: To oil a KitchenAid stand mixer, first remove the bowl, beater, and any other parts from the mixer. Then, turn the mixer on its side and unscrew the oil fill cap. Apply just a few drops of motor oil directly into the oil fill tube, and then replace and tighten the cap. Finally, run the mixer on low speed for a few minutes to distribute the oil.
FAQ 2: What kind of oil should I use for my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: The best type of oil to use on a KitchenAid stand mixer is a light-weight household oil, such as a 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil. Avoid using vegetable or olive oil, as these can cause the motor to become gummy over time.
FAQ 3: How often should I oil my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: KitchenAid recommends oiling the stand mixer once every three months, or after every 40 hours of use.
FAQ 4: What should I do if my KitchenAid stand mixer won’t turn on?
Answer: If your KitchenAid stand mixer won’t turn on, first check to make sure it is plugged in and the power switch is in the “on” position. If it still won’t turn on, then check the power cord for any frayed wires or damage. If the power cord is damaged, then it needs to be replaced.
FAQ 5: How do I clean my KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: To clean a KitchenAid stand mixer, first remove the bowl, beater, and any other parts from the mixer. Then, using a damp cloth, wipe down the outside surfaces of the mixer, as well as the bowl, beater, and any other parts. To sanitize, use a mixture of one part white vinegar to four parts water and spray onto the surfaces of the mixer and parts. Allow the mixture to sit for several minutes, then wipe down with a clean cloth.