Replacing the Brushes on a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
If you’ve noticed that your KitchenAid stand mixer is starting to sound a bit strange, it’s probably time to replace the brushes. This is a relatively easy and inexpensive repair job that you can do yourself. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the job done.
1. Unplug the stand mixer from the wall. It’s important to make sure the mixer is unplugged and turned off before you start the repair job.
2. Remove the head of the mixer. To do this, you’ll need to remove the screws that hold the head of the mixer to the body.
3. Take off the motor housing. You’ll need to remove the screws that hold the motor housing in place and then carefully lift it off.
4. Locate the brushes. You’ll find the brushes on the underside of the motor housing.
5. Replace the brushes. Take out the old brushes and replace them with new ones. Make sure they are the same size and shape as the ones you are replacing.
6. Reassemble the mixer. After the brushes have been replaced, you can reassemble the mixer by reversing the steps you took to take it apart.
7. Plug it in and test it. Once you’ve finished reassembling the mixer, plug it in and turn it on to make sure it’s working properly.
Replacing the brushes on a KitchenAid stand mixer is a relatively easy repair job that you can do yourself. Just be sure to take all the necessary safety precautions and follow the steps outlined above. If you have any questions or doubts, it’s always best to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or seek professional help. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What tools are needed to replace the brushes on a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: You will need a #2 Phillips screwdriver and a pair of needle-nose pliers.
FAQ 2: How do I access the brushes on a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: Unplug the mixer, then remove the access panel on the side of the mixer using the #2 Phillips screwdriver.
FAQ 3: How do I remove the old brushes?
Answer: Grasp the old brush with the needle-nose pliers and pull it straight out of the motor housing.
FAQ 4: How do I install the new brushes?
Answer: Insert the new brush into the motor housing and press firmly until it is seated in place.
FAQ 5: How often should I replace the brushes on a KitchenAid stand mixer?
Answer: You should replace the brushes on your KitchenAid stand mixer every 6 months to ensure optimal performance.